Heritage Yoga Teacher Certification
In person or online. You can complete your submission in just 1 hour!
1. You should already know yoga very well – from a guru, parents, a yoga class, online, or other respected source.*
2. The number of years you’ve practiced or hours you’ve taught is not a restriction.
3. Make a simple video recording on your smart phone of yourself showing your yoga abilities. (You can get a friend to take the video for you.)
4. Send your video directly to our secure WhatsApp number: +1 281-965-0857
5. Fill our questionnaire.
6. Accept our Oath of Yoga Instructors for purposes of best practices.
7. Enjoy our peace of mind 100% no-risk refund guarantee if we cannot certify your skills.
* There is no aristocracy in yoga. From where you have learned yoga is irrelevant.
CHECKLIST BEFORE YOU RECORD AND SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO, OR PERFORM LIVE
- Please state your full name at the beginning of the video.
- State the names of the asanas, pranayamas, meditations, etc. before performing each one.
- Please check you have the correct name for the posture(s) etc. you wish to demonstrate. We understand different traditions may use different names. Check their names here.
- Yoga postures should be held comfortably for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Postures that require strength such as mayurasana (Peacock pose) should be held for at least 15 seconds.
- Breathing techniques should be performed for at least 2 minutes.
- Meditations should be spoken aloud with eyes closed for 2 minutes.
- All other yoga techniques such as flow and movement should be performed for at least 5 minutes.
- The total length of your video should be between 5 – 30 minutes – depending on how many techniques you require certifying.
- If you are applying for holistic certification, please video your vegetarian/vegan kitchen and food at your home, personal growth books, etc. as evidence.
MORE ABOUT YOUR VIDEO
- Make it as short as possible. Most people make their video recording in just 10 minutes! Some videos are between up to minutes long. The length depends on what you need certification for and how many different postures etc. you present. For instance, if it is for a Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskara) routine and nothing else, 5 minutes should be sufficient. If it is for certification of a longer list of asanas, pranayamas, and meditations etc, you will need to demonstrate each practice. You can even demonstrate your entire Ashtanga, Hatha, Pranayama, Kundalini, Meditation, Chanting, Bhakti or any other yoga routine. Scientific studies have shown that focused practice of any of these forms of yoga lead to better health and peace of mind. These videos might take you a little longer, especially if you include a commentary, description, or explanation. These commentaries would be very nice if included, but they are NOT compulsory.
- No still pics. Still pics are not allowed because we need to see you getting into and out of the postures.
- Simple is better. Your video does not have to be ‘professional’ looking. You don’t need a backdrop or any fancy looking stuff. You can make the video in your bedroom or garden or anywhere you have space.
- Teaching a student while you perform is fine. Please make sure you get your student’s spoken permission in the video to release the video to us.
- State your full name at start of video exactly as stated on your Questionnaire. This is very important because we need to match your name on the video to the one on your questionnaire.
- State they names of the postures, pranayamas, etc. before your perform them. They must match with the postures you selected in your questionnaire. If you are not sure of the names please check them here.
- Perform ALL the asanas, pranayamas, meditations etc. that you selected in the Questionnaire. Keep a printed list beside you so that you don’t forget to demonstrate anything. (You can also get certified for just ONE skill.)
- Use supports, blocks, blankets, and towels such as those suggested by BKS Iyengar if you wish.
- Wear appropriate yoga clothing. Bikinis are not acceptable.
- For holistic yoga teacher certification you need a yoga friendly vegan or vegetarian life style. In your video please show us your vegetarian or vegan kitchen/pantry. Try to show as much evidence as you can that you have purchased and practiced for at least one year a vegetarian or vegan, or non-onion and non-garlic diet, or non-alcoholic beverages and non-tobacco lifestyle – and intend to continue it on a permanent basis.
- Record at least TWO other people vouching for you at the end of your video. Both people should say something like this: “Namaste! My name is so and so. I know Jane Doe. Everything she says about herself in the video and questionnaire is true.”
VARIATION IN YOGA STYLES
We are not rigid about minor details such as finger position and other variables.
We understand that various traditions perform postures and other techniques slightly differently and sometimes use different names.
BRAND NAMES AND FRANCHISES
YogaMiracle currently does not award yoga instructor certification for brand names or sequences such as Bikram or Vinyasa Yoga.
But we can still certify your skills. YogaMiracle can award you certification for any specific yoga posture, breathing technique, meditation, or other technique.
For example, Bikram yoga etc. consists of a string of ancient yoga postures, each of which we DO certify generically.
OUR 100% REFUND GUARANTEE
Our aim is to ensure the integrity of the online yoga certification process. If for any reason, we are unable to certify your skills, you will be given feedback and will be able to modify your technique and then re-apply without having to make another payment.
If we are still unable to award our certification you can retry or get a 100% refund. Guaranteed!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.